Why The Hate towards Muslims?

I have been reading some answers of a fellow CM's questions. I do not know this woman, she is muslim, and I am Christian...I was intersted in her questions, b/c I know a decent amount about the Islamic Faith...I haven't their scriptures, but I know the basic beliefs.

I am horrifid with how this mom has been treated...everyone has been ragging on her, she has been asking, shock, QUESTIONS....it's a QUESTION FORUM....HEEELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

So, I'm asking, why all the hate toward her? Why the hate towards Muslims? I've seen talk about having no religous freedom and how they treat women...that is not right...that is the individual country, not the religion itself...do you see Muslim women getting treated like that here? No!

Get your facts straight.......why the hate?

Musical-Monkey

Asked by Musical-Monkey at 6:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why hate?
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 11:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Why the hate toward Christians, or Jews? Because of fear and ignorance and the nugget of truth that comes with stories of horrific, selfish, angry, hurtful things done toward others, in the name of religion. We are all fallible human beings. It is a matter of love and forgiveness or fear and hatred. We all have a choice.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Jesus said to turn the other cheenk.. After converting to islam I have learned alot more self controll. I dont know why alot of christians here feel this way? I think if you truly know your faith and believe in it nothing would make you feel angry.
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 8:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I really don't think it's because she is muslim at all. I think SHE is making it out to seem like it's b/c she is muslim. It's really a few things people are finding quite annyoing 1)lack of grammer/puncuation 2)incessive posting (WAY too much in a short amount of time - not giving enough time for people to answer one question and discuss it) 3)not allowing a discussion about what she has posted and 4)the way in which she asks - it comes off as a slam on Christianity - it would be better if she just said "I believe this is the way to salvation (or whatever) what does your religion believe" rather than making it constantly "I believe this, Christians believe this, and I don't understand why"
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 9:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The other thing is that when she does that she misquotes Christianity and then gets upset when ppl misquote Islam.
    I don't know about others but that is what I find annoying, probably the incessive posting the most. Which I have KINDLY tried pointing out to her, but obviously she's not getting it which leads me to wonder if she really cares about having a discussion as much as she's leading on, if she did she would read what we are REALLY saying and slow down. I'm having a really hard time just reading her stuff, it just doesn't make sense - gramatically. I think most of us were pretty patient the first day (and 100 posts) by the end of day 2, enough is enough already.
    pwfaith

• Muslimom your comment right here is what I find so annoying. Myself and many others TRIED to be nice, we tried to answer your questions, but you wouldn't stop. It has NOTHING to do with the fact you are muslim, can't you get that? It's this persecuated attitude ppl find annoying, no matter WHAT religion you are. If you really had self-control you wouldn't be posting 20 question in an hours time. It's TOO much. What makes me angry is the fact I DO know my faith and YOU don't, yet you continue to make accusations and assumptions when trying to compare mine to yours. You don't answer questions asked of you, that tells me you have no respect for others and what they have chosen to believe. So why on earth should I take the time to continue to try to read your comments (which are hard b/c of your lack of gramatical structure) and kindly respond to them?
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 9:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• 45 non-questions posted in the questions section in 48 hours. Not one post in an applicable group. - she joined religious debate, muslim moms and free thinking religious moms - not ONE comment there. Don't believe me? Go to her profile and look at her recent activity.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Nobody ever answers my questions or I get all different answers? I never misquoted christianity, It does teach thease things . Orginal sin, the way to heaven is through jesus . There are 66 copies of the new testament 73 for catholics. The Trinity did come to the church in the 3rd centry 325 AD. The earliest scripture from the bible is recorded 40 AD. Which part is misquoted? Every thing from the bible I quoted?? which part was wrong Please show me????
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 9:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Every time I go to those groups it says that there isnt a discussing going on, and about my grammer sorry I was typing to fast , had alot to say it short time. This are questions I have about christianity that never made sense to me. Sorry I never got the same answer , alway differen. That confused me
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 9:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Ppl DID answer your questions, when you actually asked questions. Like Gotoyourmoms said, 90% of your posts were NOT even questions. You get different answers b/c there are people of different faiths here and people of different denominations within Christianity.

Ok and really you don't need to constantly say "There are 66 copies of the new testament 73 for catholics." Most of us know this, it's just extra wordage that doesn't need to be used. You can just say "in the bible" :-) (and I most certainly did answer/respond to almost all your posts and you never came back and answered my questions/comments, I stopped yesterday when I felt like it was becoming pointless and annoying to see 6 posts from you in half an hours time) I'm taking my kids out ot play in a bit, so I'm not going to waste my time going through your posts to point out your misquotes. I clarified when I responded, you can go back and find them yourself. (not said rudely just matter-of-factly)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 9:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2008