• In the Spotlight:

Rash ?

My daughter woke up this morning with diarhea up her stomach. Now she has a wierd rash all over her stomach and chest. I've called her pedi's after hours line and waiting for them to call me back, but thought maybe someone on here could help me in the mean time. Is there anything I can put on it or give her to help it go away?? She is 17 months old and the only thing, that I know of, that she is allergic too is tylenol. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol, sorry i was going to suggest tylenol...bad idea. thats all i got. hope she feels better soon!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• give her an oatmeal bath..warm soothing water...let the area air dry..and ask your DR about a pain med that she isnt allergic to. Keep changing her often..washing with just a washcloth and warm water ( wipes can irritate a rash ) and try to keep a barrier cream on the rash...like vaseline..something unmedicated for that large of an area. You can also talk to your dr about benadryl.. its what I needed to give my son. dont use any kind of medications without talking to your dr first!!
    Kalebs_Mama

Answer by Kalebs_Mama at 4:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009