Is it too early?

12/28 - had 1 1/2 days lighter than normal period (5 days early), 2 days later I spotted all day. I've been experiencing slight headaches, nausea, cramping in lower abdomen, heartburn at night, boobs feel full and are sore .. all this for about a week or so. This morning I decided to take a home preg test and it came back negative. Am I taking the test too early? What are your thoughts? Thanks!! My SO and I really want a baby together and have been trying for about a year now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it is too early.Sounds like you had a very lite period on the 28th.Don't give up hope hon.good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Too soon, or just a no. No way to change the pregnancy test but time, because if there is HCG levels in your body, it takes time to increase. Good news is, it doubles daily, so wait 4 days and try again. GO to the dollar store or dollar general. Their tests detect 25 iui of HCG, which is comparable to the early results first response. No sense wasting a lot of money!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you are having symptoms to that extent, test should tell you-its not too early.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Im going through the exact same thing, I got one positive test, and 2 negatives, but i agree it might be too early, im gonna wait a few more days.. GOOD luck
    dumbdididumb

Answer by dumbdididumb at 6:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009