I have no motivation to work out..

My daughter is 16 months old and i still havent lost my belly fat, i have no motivation and im addicted to fast food! any advice or tips?

MomAt15woah

Asked by MomAt15woah at 3:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• stop eating fast food. :) sorry there is no magic pill. spend time outside with you daughter, make exercise fun.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I just started my diet and exercise today, I weigh 249 lbs. so if I can do it you can, you just have to really really want it and want to be active and happy for your child. Thats all I know to say, hope it helps. I have felt the same way you do right now, years ago and I never got the motivation and you see where it got me. You should start now, dont put it off, having someone there to do it with you also helps, you need support and if someone is doing it with you, you might not give up. GOOD LUCK!!
    Anonymous

• Well if you want to stop eating fast food, or at least cut down on it I'll tell you what I did. My thighs and a$$ look like some one injected them with cottage cheese, so I started thinking about them- it totally grosses me out- every time I want fast food. I am totally addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee and this makes me resist the craving for a donut when I stop for my coffee. I also got Wii fit for Christmas, and love it, have been working out atleast 30-40 minutes almost every day (missed 3) since.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I hate exercise, and I am an exercise teacher! LOL! The trick to a good exercise program is finding something you like. If you can find a couple things that you like and trade off then that is even better. There are many kinds of exercises and many programs. You can find lots of them by googling, and maybe where you live different organizations would have them or health clubs if you want to go that route. One of my favorite easy exercises done in your own home and on your own schedule is to put on music that you like and march and dance and swing your arms and walk - try to do it for a total of 30 minutes a day, you can break it up into smaller pieces- 3 ten minute times, for example. Before you start exercises though you should check with your doctor whether they are safe for you.

Answer by Bmat at 3:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• thanks :] good advice
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 3:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Get into a program that meets your need for support and accountability. WW can be a good place to start. My favorite program is First Place 4 Health because it focuses on emotional, physical, spiritual and mental balance and well being.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 4:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Tape a pic of you from before the wieght gain, on your mirror or fridge. Next to it tape something positive to motive you and read it everytime you see it. Mine is I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Find yourself some healthy snack and food alternatives that TASTE good. I love blueberries and find I would now rather have a handfull of them then a handfull of chips. Carry some snacks and a bottle of water with you wherever you go, that way if you are hungry you won't have the urge to pull into McDonald's... Avoid buying junk food at the store, keep none in the house if you have a lack of willpower at the moment. Drink plenty of water too. And don't feel bad if you cheat once in a while (but don't over indulge). Brush your teeth more- food doesn't taste as good with a minty clean mouth! lol Have an accountability partner. Exercise, find what works for you- even walking! Well those are a few suggestions...
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 10:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh you may want to look into a site online called Sparkpeople.com :D
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 10:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009