When should I start to help again?

It has been two weeks and four days since the beginning of my MC. I live on a farm with my husband and children and we have calves and cows that need to be fed twice a day be it grain or hay but they need to be fed. All this past two weeks and three days I have not helped outside and my Husband has been really understanding and never once asked me to go out and help him. He himself has a heart condition (his heart only works 28%) and I feel terrible that I do not go out and help him. It has been snowing here off and on for the two weeks which makes it harder to feed the animals. He carries pails of oats and corn to them and uses a wheel barrel too. So I guess what I am trying to say is that do you think that it is too early to go out and help him? The pails weigh about 30 pounds each. and I can only carry two at a time. Or should I stay in and let him keep doing it himself and wait awhile?

AnaBaumgartner

Asked by AnaBaumgartner at 3:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you should be fine, especially if you're not bleeding anymore and feeling ok.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If your bleeding is lighter, then you should go help him. You will probably be tired faster, because of the trauma to your body, but just take it easy. Stop when you need to, take breaks, eat well and stay hydrated. It may ease some of your emotions, to get back into a more normal situation. I am sorry for your loss and hope for the best for your future!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I would help with what you can, but don't push it. When I had mine, they did a d&c and I was back to work five days later on full duty.

I wish you the best, it's a difficult thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• your best bet is too ask your doctor if it would be ok you wouldn't want to go and do something that would cause you too have a set back
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009