Okay we just moved to a new city and we are still living in a hotel while we try to find a house or short term apartment. My question is what should i do about school for my kids? both of them will be in school this year..one in 2nd and one in kindergarden. But i dont know what school to put them in cause i dont know where we will live. and id hate to have to move them part way through the year. what should i do??

LacieJeen

Asked by LacieJeen at 6:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my advice would be to pick an area you like and decided to live there. Then just only look in that area for apts and houses. Hoe everything goes well for you.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 6:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Find a school you like and call their district office and ask what their policy about moving is. I know at the district I worked at we had a policy if your child started school there and you moved during the year they were allowed to finish the school year there. Pick a school in a neighborhood you can afford and try to move there so they dont have to switch after that year, unless you find out they dont like the school.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 10:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Search around asap!
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I'd even call a shelter and ask if they can direct you about schooling for the kids.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I'm in the same situation. My daughter is turning 6 next month and we haven't figured out where we're going to move from the hotel. All summer long, I've been home schooling her and it's been working pretty well for us. There are home schooling groups on this board that give me a lot of help. Check out what the parents in those groups have to say because they have been (still are) in your position, too. Good luck! :)
    ashleys.mommy

Answer by ashleys.mommy at 12:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2008