My daughter is 3 months old and loves her bath time. Is it ok to put her in a chlorinated pool that isn't heated?

Mommy2Aundrea

Asked by Mommy2Aundrea at 7:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took all my children swimming in pools at that age. Just be careful that it isn't overly treated or it may dry out her skin and burn her eyes. Have fun!
    loveTHM

Answer by loveTHM at 7:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would say at 3 months she might be old enough. But someitmes it is just too cold and shocking to a little baby like that. Plus with the chemicals I wouldnt risk it. Mayve if it is only you guys in the pool, not alot of splashing. And you feel safe, that is really your call hun.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• When my son was this age, I asked my doctor the same thing. The doctor told me that taking my son in the pool was just fine, as long as the water was very warm.
    I would be sure that the water isn't to chilly.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 11:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• yes. its very ok! my daughter is three months old too, and we swim every other day.
    MommaJaymie

Answer by MommaJaymie at 1:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2008