If someone requests prayers from everyone of all faiths/beliefs

do you Christians seriously think God Jehovah well be glorified by that? Would you think God the Almighty would be pleased to be seeked for help with all the other false gods? I personally first pray for that person to come to know HIM and trust only on HIM!

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 4:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never asked anyone of other faiths to pray for me or my family etc. I dont see why they would. But I agree with you.

Answer by gemgem at 4:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I guess i always assumed when someone posted something requesting prayer, good thoughts...whatever...that they said it that way so they wouldnt offend anyone. not that they were desperate and wanted help from whatever god would grant it. i think if someone asks for prayer from all beliefs that they are specifically asking for the sake of their own belief....not that they are hoping someones god has mercy on them.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• DO you not think that their is healing power in other religions aside from Christianity?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I must've been posting my response to "Does it make you sad" at the exact time that you were posting this question. Please go back to that question to see my response.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 4:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I don't think people asking that are seeking to glorify Jehovah, but would like others to keep them in their thoughts, offer them consolation, and pray for their situation to improve. If some people choose to pray to a god you & the poster don't happen to believe in that is not the posters fault or even their concern. If those gods don't exist, what harm could it do the person with the problem? Also some people believe that all religions are just different paths to the same God, so in that case the prayer or ritual would help the poster.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Honestly, is this a statement or a question? Sounds like a statement to me.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• honestly does it matter?? It is all positive energy and well wishes. Isn't that what you are seeking??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Ya know . . . I think God is quite capable of using any circumstance to reveal Himself. Does it really matter how many different gods the requester is asking?

What matters is what I, the Christian, am going to do. I, the Christian, will pray for this person, for God to reveal Himself to them, to work in their lives and help them. I'm well aware that God can do anything. What remains to be seen is what I individually will do. Will I glorify God, or will I remain silent?
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 5:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• soooo.... if you are Christian you should not ask for/accept prayers/thoughts from anyone of another religion? I think that's your choice if you wish to tell someone of a different faith "Sorry, I can't accept your prayer" but let others seek their comfort as they want.

like 2autisicsmom said, positive energy is positive energy no matter what faith it comes from.
    Anonymous

• HEALING comes from so many sources. If I were in need of assistance I would be happy to get whatever healing I could, whatever the religion and whatever the "God". I know GOD is in all.

If you don't want assistance from someone from a different faith then don't seek it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009