What do you think? When changing a toddler boys diaper (possibly TMI)...

Is this appropriate, when changing a toddler boys diaper to have his mom or aunt "flick" his partially erect penis and laugh? I know a family that thinks this is something funny to do. I need some perspective on this from other moms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think this is not correct. not sure how I feel but it makes me wonder about them.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 4:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No, I don't think that's funny. That poor baby, I'm sure it hurts too when they do that.
    Anonymous

• ummm...no! sorry, i dont think its appropriate to touch private parts of any child boy or girl, your child or anothers for any purpose other than cleaning. flicking while changing a diaper does not count as cleaning.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It sounds like a painful and abusive thing to do to a lil baby boy. I would keep my eyes open for any other signs of abuse..and report them to the authorities.

Inflicting pain on any person young or small that cant defend themselves is abuse.
    Anonymous

• this is okay if they want their son to grow up with subconscious issues about sexuality.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 4:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• why on earth would they do that?? That's rude, and a violation.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No! That is very wrong. Some people are really twisted....
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Next time she flicks his penis, give her nose a flick and say "Like it?"
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Of course not! Just because you don't have one yourself doesn't mean it is OK to see what someone else's will do!

Clean it? Sure. Put medicine on it if needed? Of course. Flick it and laugh? No way!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• That's terrible. What would we call a man that made it a point to touch a toddler girl in any other way except to clean her. We would call him a pedophile. Why would a woman be different?
    monalisasmiled

Answer by monalisasmiled at 4:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009