"the mom look"

Have you mastered the disapproving "Mom frown?" The one that you can shoot across the room and your kids instantly behave? it's taken me nearly 3 years lol, but I think I have it down ;-)

mamma84

Asked by mamma84 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have it perfected! However, I taught elementary school for 9 years, so I got to practice on 20+ kids every day. My kids got the perfected, practiced face. I use it in public too, like in stores when other people's kids are being horrible. I just give them "the look" and they stop. It's powerful.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I've never been good at hiding facial reactions, so they ought to better know when I'm mad, but it usually takes yelling for me still! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• yup.. after years of practice. My dad had that look - us kids would KNOW that we were in touble if we got that look.
    My brother finally explained to me that all you have to do .. is look right thru the kid like there was a fire right behind them - and that you were going to tear thru them to get to it. It sounded horrible.. but it works.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah. Had it for a couple years now.

I give my oldest "the look" and he immediately says "sorry". LOL

Then we have to discuss WHY he's sorry. rofl
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yep I have my mom look.

Answer by gemgem at 4:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It took me a few years but I've gotten good at the mom look, it also works on hubby.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh yeah. I can even stop guys at work dead in their tracks. My look is perfect.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Oh absolutely! ;)
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 4:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• great answers, glad your kids (and possibly dh) are terrified of mommy's mad face too :) I think pnukey wins hands down though, because she can control other people's kids with it lmao!!!
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2009