Treadmills

If I effectivly use a treadmill everyday without missing a day,can i lose a significant amount of weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh, and if you are not used to the treadmill (or working out in general) start off slow, less time, speed, and incline. Increase 5-10 minutes a week till you hit a time of 45-60 minutes. Same with other forms of working out. Start off slow, lighter weights, less reps... And don't forget to stretch before AND after you work out!!! Drink LOTS of water too!!!
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 10:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• absolutely, as long as you also eat healthy.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• yes you can. i used to lose inches quickly with the treadmil. try to alter your diet a little. less bad carbs more good ones. more water and try to do the treadmil for 45minutes. if you can even if it is slow. just do it every day
    Anonymous

• I think i'll take the advice anon gave.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• When I exercised for about an hour- 2 to 3 times a week, I lost inches, and some belly. I did the treadmill, climber, and other misc. muscle toning. It does work over a period of time. (I noticed after about 2 months. But I didn't stick with it, now my tummy is back. I never could diet because I'd get sick and shaky when hungry. Keep up the exercise- it works!
    vmariehogan

Answer by vmariehogan at 9:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Depends on the speed and the incline. At a steady pace of 3-3.5 and an incline NO greater than 3, you will burn approx 100-150 calories in one hour. You can burn 2x as much on a cross country trainer and feel it more throughout your body. But if you still want to use a treadmill I suggest you walk, run, walk, run. You will burn more that way. But doing the treamill alone isn't enough. (CONT)
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 10:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you are at a gym, you may want to do some cable weights, light free weights- light weight LOTS of reps. Also regular exercise like crunches/situps, leg lifts, etc etc... If working out at home do the treadmill as well as some free wieghts, and reg exercises. Alternate between upper body and lower body. If you get sore when you work out, I find taking vitamin C (I do 2 chewables) before a workout decreases soreness and heals up muscles faster. Bananas are also good when using weights. Oh and if you are focusing on your tummy, get a waist wrap (about $10). This will hold your core in and target it better on the treadmill. Nothing happens overnight, but YOU CAN DO IT!
    OneLove4Jesus