how do i divide time

i am a mom of two a 1 year old and a 4 month old and want to know how to divide my time with them because my 1 year old wants alot of attention and my 4 month old does too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do things with them together.

Answer by gemgem at 4:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• This is one of the oldest problems in parenting! It doesn't matter how old your kids are or what the age diff is this is always going to be an issue. You just have to experiment and find what works for your family. Maybe you can try to get them to play together, that way you can entertain them both, OR you can get a young relative or neighbor to come and be a Mommy's Helper and you can both take turns with each child. Some young kids are looking for babysitting experience and are willing to help out with this stuff while you are home so they can learn to care for kids and get used to them.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• like gemgem said, try to do things together with them.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• When I had a one year old and an infant I had the infant in a sling A LOT! The baby just needs to be held and nursed a lot, and the 1 yr old needs more active involvement. I built many a block tower and read many a book with a baby at the breast. You can walk around, follow a trike and dig in the sandbox with a baby in the sling. Baby loves to hang out at watch the action!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009