how would you take this statement?

ok so this morning my bf wanted to have sex i told him he had to wait because i just ended my period and i wanted to make sure it was done so he asked if i could get him off anyway (i do this all the time during m period and it doesnt bother me to do it) anyhow so i made him wait, this afternoon we had sex it was great and after i said "was it worth the wait?" and he said of course and then he was like but you dont understand "it's like your my [drug] dealer and your sitting in front of me with the drugs i want and your telling me to wait" so i was like awwww honey am i your drug are you addicted?" and he says "im addicted to sex" this statement really upset me im not gonna state my reason y just yet i want to see what you guys think and then i'll tell you why it upset me so much. but how would you have taken that comment?

mommie2twogirls

Asked by mommie2twogirls at 5:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• The comment would've scared the crap out of me. I take things literally and that would tell me that he's addicted to sex, doesn't matter if it's with me, or the hooker on the corner, he needs his fix, any fix. I'm hoping for your sake he didn't mean it like that, but I don't know your man's personality to know if he has that kind of sense of humor but if you're concerned then I think you know that it's not something he'd normally say. In fairness, if they're going to cheat, they're going to cheat, nothing you can do to stop it, only thing you could change is your marital statis.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I guess I would have had to hear him say it, I mean what his tone was when he said it.
    Anonymous

• It would depend on the tone of voice and if he was just being funny. If it were my husband, I would say I would not be mad, because that is his type of personality.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• his tone to me was kinda like it was stupid for me to think he was addicted to me
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I think he was just being honest.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 5:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Was he just being a smarta**?
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I guess you wanted to hear he was addicted to you..your love.
    I think it would upset me to hear "addicted to sex" because that takes the you out of it.

I guess if he said addicted to sex with you it would be ok.

Hope this helps.
    gullible
    gullable

Answer by gullable at 5:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't have taken it well. It would have hurt my feelings. I got the impression once that my husband was using sex as a stress buster, rather than an act of expressing love. Sure, we all can use a stress reducer and sex does that but if that's why you have it, the person is no more than a vibrator or your own hand.
    Anonymous

• He was very impersonal and thoughtless. I hope it was just a guy thing.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• ok ill share how i viewed his reply...... To me him saying "i'm addicted to sex" even if he was "addicted to sex" before me thats fine but he is with me and only me (to my knowledge) but if hes just addicted to sex in my mind he would have sex with ANYONE reguardless of being with me, so even if he is addicted to sex in general if he is only and would only have sex with me then right now its me hes addicted to and yes i agree with the one who said if he had said he was addicted to sex with me then that would have been different and the other thing that bothered me was that i was clearly trying to be cute by saying "awwwww am i your drug" and he just said that like i was stupid to think that he was addicted to me so now my thought is what if another chick tries to get him to have sex or if he is so addicted to sex and i say no a few times in a row (for ny reason) is he going to go else where to find it?
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009