Is anyone haveing trouble weaning off the breast? If you are tell me how you handle it..

I need all the help and advie I get... I'm having a VERY hard time waeaning my 15mos daughter off the breast.. Any TIPS OR ADIVCE OR SUGGESTIONS?

Abbysmom08820

Asked by Abbysmom08820 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• here's some great info on weaning:
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBweaning.html

personally, i practice child-led weaning so i don't have any firsthand advice to offer you. i hope that link helps.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• "Don't offer, don't refuse". Once they hear "NO" they will often ask to nurse more and more just because they want to reassured that the answer will be YES. This along with distraction and avoiding situations where she is likely to want to nurse.
    Replace a common nursing session with something else. My toddler always woke up at 4am to nurse. When I was a few months pregnant I couldn't handle it any more, so my husband would go get into bed with him and give him a bottle.
    Save the "hardest" one for last. For example, I continued to nurse my toddler to sleep at night after he had weaned from the daytime nursings.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• www.kellymom.com has lots of great info.

Just take your time.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009