My son is just over 6 weeks old and it is getting time to think about vaccines. I have some info. but any other info or advice?

Vaccines, advice or information on them

KLsBugL

Asked by KLsBugL at 5:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish I could help, but my son is 2 and 3 months, and he still doesn't have his. He had a REALLY bad reaction to the first set that I just couldn't put him through that again, but now that he is older and tetnis (sorry spelled wrong) and other things are a huge worry, I am getting as many facts as I can.
    The best advice, find a good pediatritian that will talk to you, I went through almost 11 different docs. before I found one that would really sit down and tell me the good and bad of immun. we have another appointment in a week and half, I'm getting more use to the idea, but still scared and unsure.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i highly recommend dr sear's vaccine book.
    it has excellent information on all the different vaccines.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I vaccinate because I had a friend lose her daughter to whooping cough. She felt very badly after and always blamed herself for not vaccinating. I always figure its better then allowing them to possibly catch a disease that will KILL them.

Answer by gemgem at 5:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You will find a variety of opinions on vaccinations.
    My opinion is to get them vaccinated.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• do as much research as you can !! My advise is not to go to a dr to talk about it, most are very pro.vaxing and don't give you both sides of the info.. We vaccinated our first and our 2nd got some, but our 3rd little gut isn't getting any! Look at what the ingredients are and you'll more than likely think twice about injesting that stuff into your little baby...
    Anonymous

• Do your research and make a decision off of that. My son is vaccinated but I have reasons.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• When you do take him, give him a little bit of infant Tylenol in the waiting room at the doctor's office. It helps so much to give it to them BEFORE you vaccinate them. Make sure to have him wearing something that's easy to scoot up or pull down the leg so you don't have to totally redress a sad baby. It's hard to see them cry, but it's totally worth it to know that they are vaccinated and safe from catching life threatening illness. Also when you get home rub the legs so the swelling will go down.

The next morning everything will be fine and he'll have forgotten all about it, Unfortunately it takes a little longer for mommy to forget.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 6:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf CDC's list of ingredients. Formaldehyde (known to cause cancer!), aluminum, polysorbate 80, mouse brains, monkey kideny, aborted fetal tissue (human diploid tissue)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• http://www.healthsentinel.com/graphs.php?id=14&event=graphs_print_list_item Graph showing the decline in death rates BEFORE the vaccines were introduced. They source their information right on the graph. Please note that this graph will look different than the CDC's graph. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/6mishome.htm#Diseaseshadalready
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• cont - Note that this graph is not death rate of measles. It is the incidence of infection. The death rate of measles had already declined significantly by the time of the vaccination's introduction. Likely due to the improvement and increased availability of health care. Of course my graph and the CDC's graph is different. Both accurate I believe, but are covering two different things. Also, when the CDC quotes death rates from the measles, they're quoting WORLDWIDE figures (including 3rd-world countries without access to medical care, clean water, or sewer systems). This graph shows only the US death rates.
    Autumn22