I REALLY NEED HELP

wut do back contractions feel like i think i am having them but i called the 24/7 nurse at the l&d and she said if my tummy was not getting hard they were not contractions
i also heard ur little one stops moving as much a few days before labor is that true???
plz reply i really need to know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• contractions are when your tummy hardens, but your baby may be laying on a nerve. That could be your back pain, but if you aren't feeling as much movement, you need to go get a stress test at the hosp. They will hook you up to a few moniters and see how the baby is doing. Be cautious.
    My babies kept moving right up to the day, well, night in my case. Good Luck
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Even with back labor, you should be able to put your hands on your stomach and feel it tightening. I didn't realize I was having real contractions until I felt my stomach. Back labor for me felt like really intense period cramps.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My back labor felt like really bad cramps too. And it never gravitated toward my tummy.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• if the pains are coming regularly(like every so many mins) go to the er,better safe than sorry.Some moms cannot tell what a "hard" uterus feels like and you should not be in severe pain.good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• with my daughter she stopped moving right before labor and my mother had the same thing happen with my brother and me a few of my friends have had it happen also but yet again we all went in to labor late at night too so it may have something to do with why we didn't feel much movement for that day
    Anonymous