Do you Believe Its Okay To Inform another Person That Their Spouse is Cheating (if you know for certain)?

What do you think? Is it your place or not? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• It would depend on the person, and whether or not I thought they would care...I have a friend who's husband cheats, she finds out, he lies and says it didn't happen and nothing changes...I would never tell her if I knew for sure because it wouldn't matter anyway. On the other hand I have friends that would be done, and it might hurt them, but they would be more hurt in the long run if they found out I knew and didn't tell...I would tell them in a heart beat. If my hubby cheated on me I would want to know for sure, but only by someone I trusted 100% and they knew 100% for sure...then I wouldn't second guess the info.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 7:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yes definately. I would want to know if my SO was cheating. in fact it was a GOOD friend of mine who found out my ex was cheating and she told me. Thank God.

Answer by gemgem at 5:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I'd sure want to tell them, only because I think they deserve to know but I'd have to have zero doubt and I'd have to be willing to lose her as a friend if I straight up told her because most women forgive and then the hubby doesn't want her around you or she's too uncomfortable etc... so as sneaky as it sounds, I'd be more likely to set him up to tell on himself
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• no it is not my place. as it does not affect my actual self.
    Anonymous

• You should probably say something, but don't expect to be hugged or treated nicely. Just be there to offer support. No woman deserves to be humiliated by her SO cheating on her. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Im the op. I mean a person in general not just women. Men don't deserve to be cheated on either.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I would say something because I expect the same! I don't see anything wrong with jumping into someone else's business at that point because it involves someone else's health. The diseases the cheating person could be spreading to the faithful person....ugh!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If it's a friend/family member, most definitely I would tell. If it's just an acquaintance than I'm not sure.  It depends on how likely they are to believe you.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I know you mean well but stay out of it they will find out sooner or later on their own.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009