Women who have had hysterectomies as a treatment for endometriosis...

Did it help? For how long? How long where you out for? My doctor is recommending I get one, but I want to talk to real women first.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Health

• Get it done. I did and I feel so much better. You will have alot of pain after the surgery but its tolerable and easier to deal with than the pain from the endometriosis cause you know its gonna end. Get the laprascopic done if at all possible, your healing time will be shorter.
    Anonymous

• it helped my mother, she had lived with it for her whole life, had the hysterectomy at age 40.
    She was "out" for about 2-3 weeks as far as not really wanting to do anything.
    Anonymous

• Once my sister had the hysterectomy her problems ended. She had severe pain that started when she was a teen. She endured til she was about 30 hoping to have atleast 1 child. She was unable to conceive so she finally had the surgery and has never had any other problems.
    Anonymous

• I had a laparoscopy done in 2003, but within months I was back to the same level of pain I was at. Then I had my daughter nearly a year ago, and that didn't help anything either! I was back in the doctor's office within 4 weeks for the endo pain.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009