I know my period is suppose to smell like blood... but..? adult content

I'm on the 2nd day of my period and it doesn't even look like blood; it looks really dark red but pretty much black and it smells something between popcorn and something sweet? Is this normal? I've noticed it did it last month too.. It doesn't smell like a period should..Am I Crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2011 in Health

• It's hormones also secreted in your menstrual blood so you may be having some hormal imbalances or not eating properly. Eating an organic diet can provide the right balance and reduce the hormones that are typically found in non-organic foods. Take a daily multivitamin complete with minerals (usually including calcium, selenium, magnesium, etc). Ensure you're not overly stressed and get regular exercise. Even a few minutes of walking can trigger the right chemicals you need in your blood to keep it balanced. One way to make sure you keep it balanced is by using a calendar to assign diff types of exercise to days and preparing balanced menus/meals in advance that are easy to reheat/prepare so you don't have to think about it too much when you're hungry and tempted to grab whatever.

Check out: http://vascular-events.com/perimenopause.aspx

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2011

• My blood is dark from time to time too, sometimes even brown..idk why but I don't worry about it, I have pap smears regularly and my vagina is healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2011

• mine smelled like popcorn for a long time after giving birth. i remember at the time of giving birth they said there was a funny smell and thought there might be an infection but i never heard anything else about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2011