Is it better to get revenge or turn your cheek?

I am a very revengeful person. Sometimes I feel great and sometimes I feel shitty. So I ask which do you see as better?

Bl4ckR0ses

Asked by Bl4ckR0ses at 6:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The good thing to do is turn the other cheek, but revenge is more like making you feel better so it is really up to the person.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• As much as I'm tempted, the few times I've gotten revenge I've just been left to feel worse than I did to start with. It's not worth it in my opinion. If nothing else, I have my character and integrity.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No revenge here. I easily forgive, forgetting's a bit more difficult, but I do my best. Not going to preach, just state a fact: I am Christian and believe that if we do not forgive, we will be judged with the same intensity we hold others to.
    Anonymous

• my inlaws typed this awful letter pretending it came from my ex so they can try to get me and hubby to divorce but it never worked. i could have gotten revenge but i dont want to start wars, i dont know why, i just felt like it wasnt worth my time.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It always makes me feel better to turn the other cheek. Some may see it as weakness, but I see it as strength. It is very easy to give in to anger and to hurt someone back because they hurt you, but it takes strength and self control to be the bigger person and let something go. It feels good to know you can be peaceful and not hold a grudge and move on with your life even when someone has done you wrong. Strong and confident and kind people do not need to seek revenge. I totally believe in Karma and feel that people are repaid for what they give out. GOOD OR BAD. JMHO.....
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Turn the other cheek. Kill them with kindness - they just might realize how rotten they have been.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 7:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Obviously it may be "better" to turn the other cheek...
    But

thats just something I can't do in extreme situations.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i agree with Tween, thats exactly how i am.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 7:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• americansugar, that is awful! Why would they do that to their Daughter in law? Thats crappy, what does your hubby think?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I practice do unto others as you would like to them to do unto you so revenge is a huge no no. IMO revenge is only showing them that you are as immature as they are or more so if what they did wasn't on purpose. Talk to them if there is a possiblity they didn't do whatever is bothering you on purpose or just let it go. If I get burned by the same person 3 times then I quit speaking to them. This means I have lost a few friends, but IMO they aren't the kinds of "friend" I really want any way. I am certainly not a pushover in any way though. I definitely stand up for myself and children when needed (with my parenting choices this is often), but I don't purposely try to make any one else feel bad.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009