has anyone who is nursing not gotten their period back yet? my daughter is ten months old and still havent gotten it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Health

• doesnt sound right. see your OB afap.

your period has nothing to do with nursing.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Your period definitely effected by nursing. It's not at all unusual for nursing moms to not get their periods. I got my first one when my son was 8-10 months old. I don't remember exactly. If you have been exclusively breast feeding you may get it when your baby is eating more and you're nursing less. He is 17 months old and I have gotten maybe 3 or 4 periods. 100% normal no need to worry.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Your period has lots to do with nursing! I didn't get mine until my son was almost 12 months old. I know people who went nearly two years without it. Consider yourself lucky! It will come back when it's ready.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I still have not had a period come back, my son is 21 months old. He is pretty much self weaned has of last month. I also have and IUD now and was told I may or may not get a period back.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2009