Inconsiderate neighbors.....

We live in an upstairs apartment complex that is just under 900 square feet, 2 bedroom and had some neighbors move in yesterday, and they started moving in around10am (possibly earlier). There were 2 adults moving their stuff in, no kids that I saw. Here's the issue...

Dh, me and the kids did some grocery shopping yesterday evening, trying to avoid the crowds. It wasn't one of those major hauls, but we had about 6 bags of groceries and 8 12-packs of soda as it was on sale. We get back around 6:30 and they have their SUV with a trailer attached taking up 2 covered parking spaces (every household gets one covered parking spot, and then there is parking for visitors/extra vehicles).

The manager makes it very clear when you move in about the covered parking spots which one is yours and whatnot, and the entire time we were carrying groceries up there was NOBODY outside with that vehicle, and the trailer was empty. It was kinda irritating because if they had taken a few minutes tops to park their SUV a little more carefully, they could have easily just taken up one parking space, PLUS the apartment is small!! I mean, it shouldn't take that long to move anyways. And it was sitting there empty, and them taking up 2 parking spaces meant it was a hell of a lot more of a hassle dragging all those groceries upstairs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• People can be very self centered and yes I would agree that is very inconsiderate. They should have been more mindful of their new neighbors. I would have been annoyed as well, particularly the fact that it was empty and they were clearly finished moving things in. Very annoying. Hope it is not a sign of bad neighbors, and just one inconsiderate moment for them!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• yes, let's hope so!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• Totally inconsiderate of them, people are self centered, but on the other hand, they were moving furniture and heavy stuff in, not groceries..? Hopefully this is the first and last time they will be so inconsiderate!
    Anonymous

• Thing is, anon-they WEREN'T moving anything in at that time-plus how hard is it to have someone direct the car so you can back in and not take up 2 spaces? Plus it shouln't take all day and half the evening to move into a small 2-bedroom apartment. They just took their sweet time moving their SUV-which was inconsiderate.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• Oh I see..well then your new neighbors SUCK! That's the price you pay living in apartment complexes though..neighbors are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get! I lived in apartments until I was 35 and have had more than my fair share of inconsiderate, even hostile neighbors..oh, the stories I could tell! I feel your pain!
    Anonymous

• Thanks! I'm hoping they aren't TRULY bad neighbors-they may have just had a bad moment......but it is true that having neighbors is like a box of chocolate.......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• Cross your fingers!
    Anonymous

• I'm going to err on the side of caution and hope that they were just stressed and overwhelmed and lost their manners for a bit. I hope they end up being good neighbors to you!
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 12:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• Good grief- moving SUCKS- I'd give them a break. Now- if they take spaces they shouldnt after say...Tuesday- I'd throw a fit
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• Don't think I don't know that moving "SUCKS" b/c when I first moved here it was from over 3 hours away, everything that could go wrong did, from food issues, to having to travel 6 hours out of our way b/c the moving company couldn't be bothered to contact me and tell me something went wrong and the truck wasn't available (I was told the day OF the move), being homeless for over a month (we were misled with the place we were going to rent so we ended up homeless and had to camp in hundred-degree heat WITH KIDS for over a month). Then we moved into this place with a husband with a bad back-and guess what?????? WE DIDN'T TAKE ALL DAY AND HALF THE EVENING TO MOVE, AND WE WERE CONSIDERATE OF THE NEIGHBORS. JUST BECAUSE MOVING SUCKS DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE LISCENSE TO BE INCONSIDERATE. GOOD GRIEF.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2011