Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Bumps

Should I go to the police? Updated.

My 19 year old daughter has been receiving death threats from a boy who is obsessed with her. We have some printouts of facebook conversations he had with her friend. Should we take them to the police?

UPDATED:    BTW We are in Canada so our laws are different.  Just thought that was importsnt to bear in mind.  Anyway,  I have been to the police.  The officer will notify the Thunder Bay police (which is where my daughter is).   He will run the guy's name through the system to see if there have been any other incidents and he will talk to him to try and get an idea of his mindset.  Then he will contact us to let us know if we really have anything to worry about or not.  So now we wait.

Answer Question

Asked by beeky at 12:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2011 in Relationships

Level 34 (68,345 Credits)
Answers (21)
  • Go to the police, and get a restraining order too.
    Take this very seriously.

    Answer by RobynL at 12:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Inconsiderate neighbors.....

Next question overall (Holidays)
Christmas Breakfast