Why do I feel so tired and lazy?

Earlier today about 12;30 pm and again at 2: 00pm I got on my eliptical for 30 min. but I was dragging, then I got on my Wiifit and did another 30 min. (jogging) I know it will be along process but I don't like feeling this way.
Right now I feel like just going to sleep, but yet I need to do some school work with my kids and I don't feel up to it. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Are you eating good snacks in between your workouts? A handful of nuts or a quick tablespoon of peanut butter on a piece of toast work wonders. Also keep hydrated. You just may need to slow it down a little. Thirty minutes a day is sufficient. Do you take vitamins? They can help too.
    Anonymous

• I've been feeling kinda sluggish these past few days too, so I'm going to have bloodwork done to make sure I'm not anemic. I feel good at the gym, but after I get back, I dont even want to shower sometimes, thats pretty bad! So, make sure you're not anemic, keep yourself hydrated and make sure you're eating 5 times a day.
    CavMamma

Answer by CavMamma at 10:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• NO PEANUT BUTTER!!! It contains saturated fat and is NOT good for you if you are trying to loose weight. Drink MORE water, take multi vitamins, and stay away from salt and pepper. Also eat snacks like fresh fruit or veggies. You may also be over doing it. Cut back a little and see what that does for you. Be sure to stretch before and after as well.
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 10:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• if you already have good eating habits in order try taking a B complex vitamin. i take one it just keeps me moving all day. if you eat natural peanut butter its full of protein that will give you energy without the added sugar, also start your day off with some fresh fruit and cooked egg whites. you should notice a difference
    learae

Answer by learae at 11:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• All of these ideas are great and I have one more idea. Be sure and watch the amount of dairy that you take in. While the female body desperately needs calcium, dairy inhibits the absorption of iron in the body. A lack of iron can cause fatigue. The reason being that iron supplies the oxegen in the blood. If you decide to take an iron supplement, be sure and eat extra fiber. Iron often causes constipation.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ok peanut butter IS good for you. Its a food your muscles can use because of the protein. You don't ONLY want to burn off weight and not build muscle because muscle help burn fat too! So the more muscle you add the easier it will be for you to burn off the fat and otherwise if you aren't feeding your muscles then you'll start to burn off fat AND muscle and you don't want to do that, its unhealthy. One thing to watch is your sugar intake, it can really make you feel more sluggish. And peanut butter in moderation (1 serving) is a GREAT snack....as well as nuts, and beans if you like them.
    also this is a great website
    www.moderforager.com
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I like the idea of being careful of the types of snacks you eat between meals. Raw fruits and veggies can really rejuvinate you and help your energy level. Also, eating more often is better than eating less frequently and eating too much when you eat a full meal. The Wii is a great way to exercise especially during the wintertime, but you do need to be giving your body good nutrition. Also, good supplements are a great way to help with the energy level.
    lovemyfamily6

Answer by lovemyfamily6 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Watch your carbs! Sugar wreaks havoc on your insulin levels, causing it to go abnormally high, then crashing. If you are eating a lot of breads, pastas, sweets, even fruits, then you are quite possibly experiencing the crash after the high. Avoid processed foods, eat a healthy fat (olive oil, butter, nuts, cheese, coconut oil, etc.) before every meal as it helps regulate your insulin and metabolism.
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 8:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2009