What do you do to earn money at home ?

Hi there i been wondering what you others are doing to stay at home and work from home? I been looking but i don't want to be scamed. So i am looking for any thing that dosn't have any start up fee to start earn money. Any ideas would be helpful. I have tryed Melica and SMC and have no luck with selling things. So i was seeing what you others are doing? Thanks for all your help.

artzone

Asked by artzone at 2:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Funny you ask this bc I just found a method tofday and am seeing how it will turn out. I work away from home as an on-call teacher's aide and have been working at the same school for 2 weeks now and my job ends next fri., but I also need to work from home bc of my fiances as SO lost his job last week.
    What I do is post ads on craig's list udner "services". I give a pitch about something I can do and WILL really do. I once did a a kid's bday party and came dressed up as Princess Belle and did face painting, a magic show, and animal balloons. I was paid 160.00 dollars up front.
    Today I posted an ad for writing papers for college students. I charge 75 dollars per paper and found a client today who I'm meeting tonight.
    If you're going to do this, be sure you meet them ina public place bc you never know. My policy is I always meet in a public place so i can ensure my safety.
    sexysiren1983

Answer by sexysiren1983 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• Secret shopping, yes, there are legitimate companies out there, and if you live in a large city, you can literally make a full time paycheck shopping, if you are good with kids, you could offer babysitting services, if you have a hobby, you could sell some of your work, Avon is also relatively cheap to get into (about $10).
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 2:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• I have a home daycare- only after schoolers now but when LO was a baby I had others her age ALL day. It is a good income, I am home already so its like a daily playdate :)
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• I have done online surveys for a few bucks at Mechanical Turk. Do you sew? I had a sewing business once doing alterations, drapes, etc. Look at care.com and sittercity.com if you want to do childcare. There are some moms who want you to do it in your home or don't mind if you bring your child to their home. You can look at the ads for free
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• I work as an independent consultant for a company called BeautiControl. However, there is a small fee for signing up but I would be happy to chat about it more with you and give you my website so you could check it out. Message me if you are interested.
    beckysud

Answer by beckysud at 3:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• There are actually lots of extra things you can do to bring in some money.  Have you thought about eBay?  I've done a lot of things, but have made the most money by selling things on eBay!  I also blog about various ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog at Mavi's Home Work, if you'd like.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• I have my own business with Mary Kay. I love it!! The only cost is for the Starter kit which includes over $350 worth of Full Size products plus all your business supplies. Message me if you would like more information. Good luck in your search!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• I have a business. I'm an Independent Distributor for Mia Bella's. What I do is NOT a job so there are fees but I thought I'd reply to your question. Good luck.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2011

• thanks for all your replays i will have to do some looking any other ideas are welcome
    artzone

Comment by artzone (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2011