What did you not have when you took home your newborn that you really wish you did?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The nurses! Really, if anyone asks to help you out, take them up on it! You'll want to spend all of your time with your baby, but you should really get as much rest as you can possibly get.....
    Anonymous

• A nanny. LOL
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i wish i would have put battries in the swing but at 2 in the morning i really wasnt think about battries. we were glad that 1st night was over!!!
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Sanity . . . lol. Dinners, cooked and frozen and ready to heat up. You will want to use your extra time for sleep NOT cooking. Trust me. Also make sure you have easy to eat snacks . . . something you can grab really quick . . . I had one but make sure you have a boppy pillow if you're breastfeeding . . . those things are wonderful. And by chance you have a c-section . . ask the nurses for some of those netted panties to take home . . . I wore them for weeks, I took about 6 pairs home and just kept handwashing them and rewearing them.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Lots of diapers.
    Kmartinson

Answer by Kmartinson at 7:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I homebirthed. And nothing at all. Diapers are all you need.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My MIL NOT in my house.
    Other than that, I had the essentials. If I had to do it over, I'd have a sling on hand from day 1 and a good baby swing... one that goes side to side as well as back and forth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I had everything I needed I just wish everything had been in order a little better. I went into labor 5 weeks early and my house was still in transition when I got home. Although lots of quick and ready to eat meals and casseroles would have been nice. I pretty much starved the first 6 weeks
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I wished that i had the correct Pacifiers,our dd only took mams and we had nubys! LOL to kaycee not wanted her MIL!!!! Oh yeah more gowns! the ones with the snaps in the front so its easier to get them on and off.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No doze lol or an unlimited supply of red bull! lol all my dd needed those first few days were bottles wipes diapers clean clothes and a bink
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2009