Would I still be considered a mother? Am I in the wrong place?

People tell me I am but I dont feel like a mother since I do not have my baby. I gave birth on Christmas and he did not make it through labor. He is still my baby, but he is no longer with us. I just joined CafeMoM but I do not see anything for loss of children and I added my baby boy to my profile and I put in his birthday. I am sure it will put what his age would be underneath his photo which is a little upsetting to me. Could I be in the wrong place? I feel out of place not having a child in my arms.

Asked by ky3lee at 7:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Yes you are still a mother. You became a mother as soon as you conceived him and started to love him. Don't let anyone tell you any different. I'm sorry for your loss. I looked at your baby's picture and he was beautiful.

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• There are groups for moms who have lost their kids. Do a search for "loss" or whatnot.

Answer by RanaAurora at 7:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• it is ok you can make friends who might have been though the same thing i dont see anyhting wrong with it.

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• maybe try this group
    i'm so sorry for your loss.

Answer by jeana at 7:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I hope you find a group to enjoy. I'm very sorry for your loss! IMO, you have every right to be a member of Cafemom!

Answer by pinkclover at 7:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i'm so sorry for your loss. there are several groups here that might be able to give you some sort of comfort. God Bless.

Answer by iheartsquishies at 8:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2009