Is this right?

My parents are staying with us and we only have 2 bedrooms and 1 is my daughters but they are staying in there. I don't want to be be mean but my daughters needs a room more then they do so i am stuck on what to do. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET to solve my problem

tabatha424

Asked by tabatha424 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in

• I'd say the parents need the room more than the daughters. Let the children sleep in the living room or in sleeping bags in your bedroom.

Answer by Bmat at 7:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Why do your daughters need the room more then they do? Can they still play in there during the day? How long are your parents staying? If it's only for a short visit, maybe you can set the girls up in the living room and pretend it's a sleepover. They'll love it!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Let your parents have the best soon they will be gone your daughter can stay with you in your bedroom if you need time to be with dh then make arrangements. Your daughter will eventually get her room back,

Why does it seem like you want to comfort your daughter more than your parents? I don't get it?
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We have 3 rooms ( but 1 has my husbands home gym in it and it weighs about over 700 pounds, so it is not moveable) so, when family comes to town, we give them our bed (we have a really nice king size memory foam matress) plus our bedroom has its own bathroom in it and that I feel gives them more privacy, and we sleep on the pull out couch. Our son sleeps in a crib still so that would be a tough one...My view is to always make the guests the most comfortable?? Maybe that was just the way I was raised??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Wait...are they visiting or staying with your for more long term arrangements??

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• ok everyone i have a feeling that they are going to try and stay there for along time and i don't want my daughter to sleep in our room and she can't sleep in the front room she is only 1. I just don't think its right that they always want to come stay with us. I know there my parents but i have my own family now. i hate to be like that
    tabatha424

Answer by tabatha424 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Well, if it isn't a weekend or something like that, and your daughter is still in a crib, I understand that you don't want them in your daughters room. I wouldn't want anybody sleeping in my son's room either. There is a HUGE rule in our house NOBODY disturbs the baby when he is sleeping!! So I totally get where you are coming from. I guess I just can't understand because our family isn't like that. They do not overstay their welcome, and they don't come all the time. I'm sorry hun...
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my mom visits once every three months and used to stay inthe den, but last time she visited we had converted that with sons room to make a bigger rm for the two boys. so, parents stayed for a few days there with the kids in my room, and hten they stayed inthe living room for a few days. we moved their stuff into our room so the boys had some room to play and a place to sleep. ive offered my bed, but she always says no. we have a tiny house, so after the week is up i am ready for my house back. so..... sorry if the overstay their welcome with you! its tough to juggle small spaces adn all those people (and their personalities).
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 8:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2009