how can i help my son with his teething?

this is our first child and we want to know what we can do for him?

GyesMommy08

Asked by GyesMommy08 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he is over 4 mons old baby oral gel cool bath cloth they also make a tablet called hylands teething tablet they are real good also and you can find them at wal mart in the baby section
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Tylenol. Baby Oragel or Baby Anbesol. Teething rings. Even a washcloth that you've wet and put in the freezer, for the baby to suck on. I'm not sure how old your baby is, but it's possible you can alternate Tylenol with infant Ibuprofen (ask your pediatrician). Goodluck!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I always gave my daughter tylenol to help with the pain. The other thing that worked was putting her pacifiers in the freezer. The cold always helped especially right before bed or nap time.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 7:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My little girl use to like to chew on a warm rag but I also gave her baby orgel but not that much. Everyone told me to give her something cold and she didn't like it so i don't know about that one you can try but i wouldn't
    tabatha424

Answer by tabatha424 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• a teething ring, in the freezer, have more than one and swith them around, that worked for me.

xioma
    Madrepor2ndavez

Answer by Madrepor2ndavez at 9:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Highland's Teething Tablets have worked wonders for our son. I'd stay away from baby Orajel though. Not only does it taste horrible, it actually toughens your baby's gums, making it harder and more painful for teeth to pop through.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2009