Can black cohosh start a period? and how much in capsule form will? help

i havent had a period for what will be 9 weeks on today. i have never missed a period. this is kinda freaking me out but im not stressing out about it but me and my fiance are trying to conceive your second baby and this is making him frustrated as well. i went to the doctor got complete bloodwork and everything came back normal.
I desperately want it to come back so I can start ovulating and hopefully get a baby. Has anyone taken this and gotten their period back after it being gone for so long?

any other home remedies you ladies have tried are welcome

michelle_212

Asked by michelle_212 at 1:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2011 in Health

• I have never heard of Black Cohosh helping to start a period, it's primary use is to alleviate hot flashes and irritation in women going through menopause.

Try and relax, get your mind off of becoming pregnant and your body won't be stressed out. Before you know it, you'll be expecting your next baby :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2011

• Black cohosh is a natural estrogen. So if your issue is a lack of estrogen, it could help. But some people (like my mother) didn't care much for it because it caused her periods to be super heavy when taking it.

I have issues with hormone imbalance so I stick with some natural hormone balancing things like avocados and alfalfa.

This site has a few more other natural remedies too.

Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 1:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2011

• Nothing will start a period other than Mother Nature.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2011

• Are you eating enough? That can cause you to miss periods. I've never tried black cohosh for menstration, but it worked for labor? Good luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2011

• You have your period AFTER you ovulate... you don't ovulate b/c you get your period. You need to talk to a reproductive specialist.. not experiment with supplements!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2011

• well ladies thxs for your input, i figured out why i have not had a cycle in 9 weeks. i have a PID( google search it) from the norma vaginal bateria that is delayed it, so after i finish antibiotics it shud come back. so now i feel relieved that it will start back without herbs. again thxs
    michelle_212

Comment by michelle_212 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2011