Has anyone used 1-2-3 magic??

My inlaws are saying that my son misbehaves badly so they sent me this program called 1-2-3 magic.. Have you ever used it and what was your childs reaction did it work?
or was it a waste of time?
I just don't want to get into something that will not work or have had negitive reactions/responces..
Any help would be great!!
Thanks so much

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 8:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've only heard good about it. I haven't tried it, but a friend of mine who had very difficult children (boy and girl) used it and her pediatrician had recommended it. (In fact, they keep a copy at the doctor's office) I read the book a few years ago, but it doesn't stand out mainly because much of it repeated what I read elsewhere about positive discipline. Try it - definitely NOT a waste of time.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• what is it??
    wyatt_ks_mom

Answer by wyatt_ks_mom at 10:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have a friend who swears by it. It can't hurt to try!
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 1:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I read the book and it is absolutely useful! My kids caught on immediately when I said "that's one!". It is definitely not a waste of time. Not to mention schools basically use the same method of discipline, so your child will recognize the discipline methods (and consequences) at school too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes it is very useful, not a waste of time, and a good program.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009