Has anyone used 1-2-3 magic??

Has anyone used 1-2-3 magic??
My inlaws are saying that my son misbehaves badly so they sent me this program called 1-2-3 magic.. Have you ever used it and what was your childs reaction did it work?
or was it a waste of time?
I just don't want to get into something that will not work or have had negitive reactions/responces..
Any help would be great!!
Thanks so much

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 8:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've used it. the preschool used it when my girls were there and it does work. It's hard at times, but as in everything, consistency is the key
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I've not used it, but have heard others have had success with it.

Honestly, you won't know if it will work with your kid until you try...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I haven't tried 1-2-3 magic yet but I've taken two different parenting classes. All classes have one thing in common... They never make good instruction manuals.... and are better if taken as guidelines. Sometimes something they teach isn't practical for your family. Sometimes something they teach won't work for your child (even if it works for another one of your children). Then sometimes.. something they teach is right-on for you and your child. However.. even ONE thing that works will make it worthwhile.. AND it's a great place to meet other mommies. Besides.... Your INLAWS say your child is misbehaving? Well.... What do YOU think?
    DJGraham83

Answer by DJGraham83 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Ive never heard of this, but it sounds interesting. If you decide to give it a try, please post another message telling us what happened and if the experience was worth it. Good luck.
    CavMamma

Answer by CavMamma at 9:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I'm not the original OP she is a friend of mine and asked me to post this cause she is busy, She apreciates the responses but she mainly wants to her from people that have used it and know how hard was it and is it worth trying.
    Anonymous

• I've used it...and still do. My daughter is 2 yrs old, and has some anger issues and 123 magic works great with her. You have to follow the progam guidelines and be very consistant with it, but it does work!! If YOU think your child is misbehaving and you need to try something new, this is def. worth looking at.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 2:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have used 123 magic - and if you are consistent with the suggetions........IT WORKS!!!!!! I have two daughters 6 and 11 and my 6 year old has some behavioral issues......out therapist suggested this book and it seems soooooo simple in idea you think "NO WAY" - but seriously - stick to it, stay focused and really really give it the best try you can......and you'll see - IT REALLLY DOES WORK LIKE MAGIC!
    JustGail

Answer by JustGail at 9:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009