Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would u tell?

i went through something really bad in october someone that i kno took advantage of me while i was at a party and put something in my drunk when i woke up my panties was off and my vagina smelled like latex im so scared bacause the person that did admitted that he did but he is the ex boyfriend/babyfather of my bestfriend wat should i do? how do i tell her something like that...and i still havent gone to the cops what do i do

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Why would you want to tell her that? There is no reason to.

    Answer by Anonym0us at 8:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • Go to the police and let them handle it. You can make his life miserable if you want. I would tell her to. Dont let something like that happen to me, cause I wouldnt think twice on singing to anyone and everyone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • How do you know it wasn't consensual? I wouldn't for that fact alone. People often willingly do things while drunk, especially while blacked out. I wouldn't make a guy's life living hell not knowing whether you were okay with it at the time or not.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • If you go to the police they won't do anything about it. You waited too long and they are crappy with things like that. Also with you being drunk they are going to look at you like an idiot because for all they know you could have been more than willing in your drunken stubbor to have sex with him and just not remember. Intoxication is not a good thing to bring to the police on something like that.

    Answer by Anonym0us at 8:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • to Ginger... he put something in her drink... that's not consensual.
    How could a person get off having sex with a person who's out cold? It's sick. You should have went to the police when you woke up if you were going to file charges. Your friend needs to know because he is her kids father. Why would she be mad at you because her EX raped you? It's too late to go to the police unless you can get him on tape admitting what he did to you.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • if you had been drinking, and drunk, and can't remember then you were not in a condition to give consent to have sex. Now you have to decide what you want to do about this. You do have options. You could go to law enforcement and make a report. From there it is out of your hands. I would, tell your friend after you have made the report so she doesn't hear it from anyone else. But don't expect her to be sympathetic or supportive. You do deserve support but she may not be in a position to give that to you. Also call the rape crisis center in your area. They can provide information about counseling and give you information on who to report this to. Oh, and you have to make the report in the jurisdiction that this act took place, as in the county or city where this rape has occurred. I'm not saying you were raped - as in you had sex - but if you know you did and you don't remember, well then you obviously couldn't give consent.

    Answer by frogdawg at 9:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • For the record you can go to the police at any time to report a rape. I'm not going to lie, it would be difficult to go forward with a case where there was no forensic evidence. But that doesn't mean that law enforcement or the district attorney won't move forward with it. There have been cases where they have in situations like yours. Not many. But having a report made means that if anyone else in the future made a report on him that there is a previous history of concerns. At this point you have to do what is best for your sanity. Do call rape crisis in your area. Every area in this country has one. They will actually have professional and educated responses, rather than some random opinions, and it can be kept completely confidential and anonymous.


    Answer by frogdawg at 9:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • Go to the police. Not only could it save you from some grief the rest of your life...who knows, you may just save someone else fromt he same thing you are going thru now.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • Call the local rape crisis center and they will guide you. NO do not tell bff.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.