does anyone else have this problem???

my son will be running around playing and he will pick up something like hes sippy cup and hand it to us and then start sreaming, crying, and he will run off. I don't under stand why he does this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes my 2 year lod is now doing that we have no clue either
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Is the cup full? I haven't had this problem.. she only crys and says juice when it is empty .. GL :o)
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Maybe he wants more of his drink? My daughter will bring me her cup and say 'juice please' when she wants more, but before she could talk she would bring it to me and cry.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I would chase after him and ask him if he'd like the item back.  I'd get down to his physical level, so we're eye-to-eye and say "Mommy will help.  Show me what you'd like."  Put you hand out, nod your head, and let him lead you.  Sometimes just feeling that he's being listened to and given some control will calm my toddler.  I honestly don't think he remembers what he was upset about, but he's very happy to have me take him somewhere at that point.  I have a two-year-old with a speech delay, and being able to take my hand, lead me to what he wants has removed about 90% of his frustration.

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 8:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My 21 month old does not talk, I have to have him show me what he wants sometimes. He will also take me by the hand and lead me to the room that has his want, sometimes it is hard from there but we get it. He does the cup thing too and I have no idea why because it has something in it a lot of the time.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009