Due feb 22nd!SCARED HELP???

So im 34 weeks today my question is, is it more likely that i will tear or have to have a c section just because im so short and little??? lol i know kinda dumb but im just really scared to tear down there or to get a c section. I weigh 140 now at 34 weeks and im only 5'1..............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will be fine. I had a c section with my second child. Really not that bad I tore with my 1st child and that wasn't so bad either.
    You;ll see once everything is over you will be fine
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 8:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Honey - please dont be scared. I know that is easier said that done. If you have an epidural, you will not feel anything below the waist. I had natural childbirth, and I tore, but believe me, you get over it quick. And just because you are little doesnt necessarily mean you will have a c-section or tear. Do you have the book "What to expect when you are expecting?" If not, please get it and read it cover to cover - its the pregnancy and childbirth bible.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• So more then likely i will either have to get a c section or end up tearing?
    Anonymous

• Can you get this book at barnes and nobles?
    Anonymous

• You know it really depends the size of your pelvis if you open wide enough for the baby to come out then no problem but if you have to have a c-section don't worry some woman are awake even though their bottoms are asleep.

The only way you can tear down there is if you push too hard, listen to your doctor and nurses they will guide you through this don't worry about a thing. Just concentrate on getting your baby out and they will do the rest. Good Luck it really isn't that bad once all is said and done.

Painful...yes by tomorrow you won't even remember...lolgood luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I was 190 and 5'2.5". I tore and my baby weighed less than 6 lbs. We all thought he was going to be a big boy but he wasn't. I tore in two different places. I was terrified of it especially since I did mine w/o any medication. In fact, during the pushing part, I was too preoccupied with the tearing. I finally just had to accept the fact that I had to push that little guy out no matter what! Honestly, the labor part hurt like hell. But, I didn't actually feel the tear. I didn't know it happened until the Dr. told me and had to stitch me up and by that point, that pain is nothing like labor. Don't worry about it at all. You'll be a-ok!!! Good luck. :)
    Anonymous

• No, you're NOT "more likely" to tear or have a cesarean.
    The more you can trust in the normal process of birth, work with your labor, and avoid unnecessary interventions, the better your chance to avoid those other things.

A baby's size and a mom's size are irrelevant. It has more to do with the mindset of the mother and/or doctor.

MIND-OVER-MATTER.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I am 5'0 and I had to get a c-section with my 1st becuz of my pelvis was small and I going in for a c-section again in 2 weeks.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• hey dont worry just think about the little one you will be seeing for the first time that is all you can do i was so scared and freaked out but once i held my little girl i was so happy and didnt care about any of it and bty i had a tear and to tell you the truth it wasnt bad they numb you up and you dont feel a thing when they do the stiches and besides you are so busy looking at your little one getting cleaned up you dont even realize its beeing done good luck
    briannamama

Answer by briannamama at 9:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Mother nature is amazing. She takes each womans body size and creates a beautiful infant that will fit inside the mother AND on teh way out. Bones givein teh baby and bones stretch in mom. It's an amazing process... but, should you need a c-section or episiotomy honestly its not that bad. I actually loved my c-section since it was the first time since labor began that I got pain medicine. Once you hold that amazing little miracle in your arms everything else becomes a dim memory. I know birth can be VERY scary but practice your breathing techniques and if your truly terrified plan to do it numb from the waist down. It will all be just fine
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2009