Gettign rid of Ants

I found a small ant problem in our family room yesterday. They are the small black ants (as opposed to the larger black ones). I have 2 toddlers and 1 cat, so I need non toxic/non poisionous ways to kill or trap them.

Anyone have any?

kittynala

Asked by kittynala at 9:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• These types of ants are attracted to food. Find the source of food that they are looking for and get rid of it. Clean the area really well and that should solve the problem. Once the ants know that there is no food source, they will leave. You can always spray an ant spray on the outside of the house around that room to prevent anymore from coming in.
    jeni2671

Answer by jeni2671 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Ive heard spraying lemon juice on the trail of ants works, but Ive never tried it.
    Anonymous

• We have had some come through the patio door area..Bug Stop works well!
    Caitlynsmommy07

Answer by Caitlynsmommy07 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• TERRO Ant Killer.  It's a liquid ant bait.  I have a child and cats so I didn't want a spray.  I get it at Home Depot and swear by it.  Place them around doors and windows - wherever you notice ants coming in.  You'll know because there will be a back and forth assembly line of ants from the food source.

HannahMom2000

Answer by HannahMom2000 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2008