Has anyone else stayed with a stylist because they felt obligated to?

Finances are finally breaking me, and I have to stop going to her, but this has been one of my few splurges I've stuck with during the hard times. My two options are:
Dye my own hair
Have DH's ex-wife do it- she's a professional stylist, and we get along alright. She will only charge me cost.
I'm meeting her later this week. So this will be interesting!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 8:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Good luck!! I have never felt obligated to stay with a stylist.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2011

• If you lived in Arkansas or Minnesota you'd be golden. LOL

Two awesome stylists that are regulars here.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2011

• if you've been a loyal client to your stylist/colorist, please give her a call or go talk to her in person, and tell her your predicament and reason. she/he is most likely going to wonder what they did to dissatisfy you..they need closure, too. i know it sounds funny, but we do wonder and wonder why Miss Sally 'quit' us, with no phone call.
    also, you never know, he/she might offer to discount their service to you temporarily, until things are on a better note for you. if you've been a good and loyal client, trust me..they'd rather you continue at a lesser fee, than to lose you.
    i know i've done this a few times myself!
    however, if they don't offer upfront, its not advised to request it..that's not good manners.
    but please, give him/her a call. don't leave them hanging.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2011

• No, no obligation but hair is one of the most important to keep looking chic.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2011

• @dullscissors- I did just that. She's been giving me aw discounted rate for awhile now, and knows where things are financially. I called her to let her know things have gotten even worse, and I know she understands. It just sucks. I know she needs the money too, and she's good at what she does.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2011