• In the Spotlight:

to try and concieve or go on birth control?

i tried for over year to concieve with one miscarriage and then stopped trying, but havent prevented. well i went to the dr and he wants to either put me on clomid(fertility drug) or birth control to make me ovulate because i am getting infections. i had wanted my children between 3-5 yrs apart, my son is now five and i am unsure on whether this is to great of an age difference for them to be playmates. what do you moms think. is it too great of an age difference? should i try to concieve or go on BC?
my husband is a kindof nonplanner/accident guy who is happy with our family the way it is, but would change his mind once a bun was in the oven.

weaveress

Asked by weaveress at 9:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• you have to ask ur self... if u wanna another or if u r happy how ur family is... sit down with ur hubby and talk about it... but i think anything past 7 years is to far apart... me and my youngest sis is 9 years apart and i hate it
    Anonymous

• I think YOUR age matters more than anything else. I have a 12 year old and will be 40 in April and still have hopes of getting preg. I hope you do get pregnant and wish you the best. Two children are great, I wish things were different for me.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my oldest and youngest are 6yrs apart
    me (the baby) and my oldest sister are 8yrs apart
    yes there are other sibs bwtween both groups, but my oldest and youngest like each other fine, and my oldest sister and i get along fine
    i dont think age matters ans much as parenting them the same and involving the older one as much as possible with the younger one
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It's not too late! My brother and I are exactly 5 years apart and we couldn't be closer! He was old enough to know better and watch out for me, yet close enough I was able to have a great relationship with him. I'm the baby in my family and I'm not as close to my other siblings because they're all much older! I would talk it over with your husband, but it's never too late to continue a happy family! And jsut think, you could have a third that would be very close to the second!! :) Good luck!
    BeckNAiden06

Answer by BeckNAiden06 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I think it is your decision to make but my sisters and I are 5 and 10 years apart and we fought like cats and dogs until like last year she felt like the referee and my youngest sister and I still fight like crazy and I'm 25 and she's 15
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 10:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009