Does your son like to fart on your daughter? (7 & 5 yrs of age)

I hate that he does this I tell him to stop but he just thinks it is so funny.

Don't know what to do he only does it when dad is not home...I get tired of telling him to stop and I don't want to spank him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, but my husband farts on me!
    Anonymous

• My son does too. I only need to tell him once to stop. He knows the consequences so i he chooses to continue he gets a spanking.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Let him know that farting, while sometimes can even be humours, is not something we do 1) on other people 2) at Church services (although when someone lets one go then I do tend to think it a little funny) 3) in class (accidents happen but don't do it on purpose) 4) at any event you tell him NO farting. Then apply the consequences. Be creative. So when he farts and they have to smell make him be in the bathroom for a few minutes after someone pooped- a good stinky one.  You know: punishment fit the crime. Sounds horrid but its not abusive. Or him having to clean the poop of the dog or a neighbor's dog or clean a cat litter box. Something that is so distasteful he is unlikely to continue to do it if each time he tries and has been convicted of that crime he is sentenced to his own smelly duty.  A natural consequence for a farting offense. 
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Seriously frogdawg?? It isn't THAT big of a deal!! You don't fart? Do you get punished when you fart? It isn't healthy to hold in farts. Just tell him not to do it on his sister for crying out loud!!
    Anonymous

• No farting is not a big deal. But farting on another person, at least if it is a chronic offense, can be tiring to say the least. So what if it happens occassionally as in they are just teasing. But if this parent truly thinks he has a farting fetish...well it is one way to stop it.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• By the way, I knew a kid who would fart in class for the fun of it and the room had to be "evacuated" because they were so awful they would make people sick. Same kid who did not have boundaries also would pee in the stairwell and sometimes get people with his dribble. So teaching a child who has a "chronic" issue a lesson isn't a big deal either, just a necessity.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry I just busted out laughing when I read your post. Yes, our kids think it's hilarious to fart on one another. I swear they get it from their father, he use to do the same thing to his sister. Eh, I think it's normal sibling activity. We laugh secretly at them (ok sometimes not so secretly, you just can't help it sometimes) but we still correct them and tell them it's not very good etiquette.
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Honestly he's probably just doing it for the attention, even negative attention. He knows it bothers you, he knows it annoys his sister, the more you get on him and the more she squeals about it, the more he wins.
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Boys can do some disgusting things LOL. I agree with debateandrelate, it seems attention seeking. Ignore it as much as possible and tell your dd to do the same. When he doesn't get the reaction he wants, he'll find a new way to drive you both crazy.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have laughed until i cried over this one! i applaud u 4 having the guts to mention this! This does happen in most homes! I have 2 prissy girls and they love to "poot" on each other. They laugh hysterically when it stinks really bad. What is it with farting? My daughter has a weak stomach, so when she farts, she sometimes will gag so badly from the smell, but she gets a rise out of my other daughter, so its funny to her,
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009