How do you transition?

My SO and I are calling it quits. There are so many reasons but some major ones are he allows his 10 yr old son to disrespect and bully EVERYONE in the house including me and he has a horrible temper and I feel like I'm walking through a land mine just trying to keep the peace. We live together and I am a SAHM, he needs to save enough money to get his own place but I'm annoyed that I am expected to take care of his 2 kids and the house while he does not pay any rent, utilities, food ect. so he can "save up". By the way his kids call me mom. Is it wrong to say that I will no longer take care of the 10 yr old? how do I enforce it ? Do I try to demand he pay SOMETHING in the mean time or just cut my losses and hope he gets out quickly? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• OP here some more info... He works so I get he kids (his and my oldest) ready for school in the morning and care for them tell he comes home from work. I also prepare ALL meals and do all the laundry and cleaning. I also tuck the kids in at night basically all parental duties. I feel bad for my stepson but am tired of being cursed at, hit, having holes punched in MY walls etc. I don't want to damage him any further (his mom dropped him off on Dad because of this same behavior) but I can't take it anymore and his Father my SO is unwilling to get help for him or even admit he needs it.
    Anonymous

• Tell him to go stay with someone else and mooch off of them while he saves up. Maybe the kids can go with their mom. Give him an eviction notice if he thinks you are joking. He's a grown man. He is NOT your responsibility.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I would pack his bags for him. I know that sounds cruel but you are headed for an abusive future. I sure he can find someplace else to stay and "SAVE UP".  It sounds to me like you are a built in babysitter, housekeeper and cook!!! Get out while the gettin is good.!!

40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 10:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2009