what do you think of a Home-done tatoo ?

I was not happy when my daughter showed me her back with a home-done tatoo of a little heart. Her girlfriend inked it on her. She said she lit a match to the needle before using it. Apparently, the friend has done this before to other people. It does not look infected. Should I be worried about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• never know what was on that needle before it went in her skin...Hep..hiv..not good..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• just keep an eye on it.

wasn't the smartest thing but home done tatts do not always become infected.

:) have her put neosporine on it :) the ingredients in neosporine will help it not get infected + make part of the ink come out so it'll fade :) LOL this way her tatt will either go away if it was not done deep enough or she'll need to get it redone at a proper tattoo shop
    Anonymous

• Just keep an eye on it to make sure it does not get infected other than that I don't know what to say.
    Anonymous

• Wow...I'm terrified of the teen years! Just make sure she takes care of it and I would ask her if that needle got used on anyone else before her. Other than that, I guess its there now!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• WATCH IT CLOSLY. THERE ARE STAFF INFECTIONS THAT ANTIBIOTICS DON'T WORK ON.. I WOULD TALK TO THIS GIRLS MOTHER, IT IS DANGEROUS WHAT SHE IS DOING AND COULD GET SOMEBODY IN BAD TROUBLE.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 10:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I agree with 40yrmom the other girls parents need to know what she is doing.
    simpsonville

Answer by simpsonville at 11:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• yeah i would really watch i had one done and everything was clean and i got a staph infection from it so it can happen and i would really watch and if you feel very uncomfortable i would call the dr. and good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• keep an eye on it.
    mama_k228

Answer by mama_k228 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Wow, I agree with simpsonville. This should not be done. And if the other girls' parents don't know she is doing this than I would tell them and how dangerous it is. Sometimes we make decisions we regret later. I don't know how old your daughter is?
    lovewing

Answer by lovewing at 11:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• shared needles mean things like staph infections mentioned above. there is a small chance hiv, aids, hep all of that are issues here. teenagers will do what they will sometimes you can't stop them so sad but true. at least it's not on her face.
    massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 1:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009