MORE problems for the digial TV coming soon......

So it looks like lack of money isn't the only reason that some in Washington want o push back the change from analog to digital. You know how you used to get fuzzy pictures with an antenea (they REALLY need spell check here!) well with this box you either get a picture or not. So they are saying you might need to buy an additional stronger antanea (ugh) in addition to the box! So Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., is proposing bill to push back the date along with Obama urging this! So my question is have many of you gotten the boxes AND why are we even having to do this??? For a clearer picture!? So what! I really liked that I could cancel cable at any time and for 10 buckes get rabbit ears to tune in the news! Does anyone know why this had to happen in the first place?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• yea it is dumb.. we used to get channels 3 8 11 13 29 with the box i get 11 and 8 stupid
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• soooo i work for comcast..and it would be cheaper to just PAY for limited basic (ur local channels) for ten bucks a months. problem solved. oh and plus we could throw in the phone service for a little cheaper than ur reg phone service...so basically, it would be free tv.
    Anonymous

• LOL....Love that answer Anon. Have ya'll seen a big upswing in people signing up for cable?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• cm08

Answer by cm08 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I read your link. I get the free up space thing I didn't know that. But this looks like it might get a little more tangled ( I see lawsuits! ) before it gets better.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• they are switching to clear the air waves.... it will help n the long run but they should have waitted until they had everything figured out....
    Anonymous

• We might bite the bullet and get cable before this is all said and done. Comcast is not available in my area. I know because they have a lot of the hockey games my dh wants to watch.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We have two tvs. Both have the converter box but only one has the new antenna. There is a difference what channels we get on the two tvs. It really pisses me off that they are going to this. A good part of the time, we have problems getting in channels even with the antenna.

Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

Yes.
    Anonymous