Is pregnancy after a miscarriage as scary as i think it will be?

lilbabe3769

Asked by lilbabe3769 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have experienced this....it is very hard to get excited at first because you are constantly thinking what will happen...but just know every day is a better day. And everyday you are pregnant is a blessing. It is hard...but you will get through it and hopefully have an amazing baby. Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• The short answer for me is "Yes". I had multiple miscarriages before being able to conceive my daughter and I don't think I was able to bond with her in the womb because I was SOOO afraid of something happening. It is definitely a very very difficult fear to get over.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• For me, unfortunately pregnancy after loss is scary. I had a m/c with my first pregnancy and it felt like it came out of the blue... I had no sign that anything was wrong, then at 9 weeks I went to a routine u/s and found out that the baby had died around 6 weeks. It was very hard for me to get excited and to 'bond' to my other children when they were in utero... it's one thing to realize that bad things can happen, but another to know all too well that bad things can happen to you personally. That being said, I think it did get easier as I got out of the first trimester and past the date of the loss, and I do think my m/c has made me a better mom because I really and truly appreciate how lucky I am to have my children. Lots of luck to you!!!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• yes and no you will have that fear it will happen again but on the other hand be happy and excited to be PG again at least that is how I was. I rented a dopplar from bellybeats.com and would check several times a day for the heartbeat it really helped to keep me from getting to nervous so you may wanna try that
    gonnahavababy

Answer by gonnahavababy at 11:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yes. But it will be worth it in the end. Don't stop trying just because you may be scared.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i wish i could be as positive as some..
    if you become pregnant again...dont get to attached to soon, i know thats hard.
    i have gone threw 5mis-carriages.
    babbi_gurrl

Answer by babbi_gurrl at 5:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thank you everyone Me and the DH are trying again and yes it has made me a better mother to my DD. she is my world and is perfect but I want more and have wanted to be a mother of a trillion kids forever so I am not letting this stop me. and until the day i see the baby i will love it more then anything. Thank you once again
    lilbabe3769

Answer by lilbabe3769 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009