• In the Spotlight:

Do u spank your kids?

Just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hell yeah I did and I will spank the grandchildren if they need it too. I like my kids and grandkids to respect me and have manners!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No, I dont and my kids are VERY well behaved.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I do but I feel the punishment must be equal to the "crime" so not often
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No I do not. I have other methods that I use that I find work for my child, are very affective, and he is such a wonderfully behaved little boy. I feel better about myself, my parenting skills, and about our parent-child relationship as a direct result of not spanking. There are many types of parenting techniques out there, hundreds of books written (some good some very bad) - but when it comes down to it - if you do not want to spank then you have many options to choose from. Parents often came to me for help saying they don't know what to do, that spanking is the only thing that works. My first question to them was always, well if it worked then why do you need to pay me to assist you with making changes in your family?

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• awww damm... spanking ur child is not a crime....
    Anonymous

• Yes I do, but not for every little thing.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 10:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I only did once when my son took something from a store and i spanked him but other than tha ni i dont
    Anonymous

• Nope, no reason to.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I love your response frogdawg!
    Anonymous

• No I don't. There is no need. I have 5 wonderfully well behaved children and they don't need to be hit to be that way. There are so many ways to teach children, there is really no need to do it with violence.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009