What questions should we ask at our interview about the children we're picking to adopt?

We're hoping to adopt 3 young girls (4, 7 & 9) and we've got some but not all of the information. I need ideas on what to ask!!! Our interview is on Thursday July 24th!

Thanks for any help you can get me!

joelochi3

Asked by joelochi3 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Adoption

• First ask if you can talk to their current caregiver. If you are adopting older children caseworkers often sugar coat the behaviors. take to the foster parent. ask about sexual acting out, educational or developmental delays and un general what the kids like to do. You don't want to be surprised if you are a very outdoorsy family and you get an indoorsey child. just to be prepared. ask about favorite food what they do when they are afraid and angry. Get the birth family social history so you can be aware of what the child has gone through in the past.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I don't know much about adoption, but maybe ask about what they like, any health concerns, how they do in school, their personalities, etc.
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 10:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2008