How to change my name in Colorado

I want to change my name because my last name is so difficult for anyone but me to pronouce. How easy or hard it is to legally change one's name in the state of Colorado? Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no matter what state you are on... its easy to change your name.. but keep in mind, you will have the same social security number.. very rarely do you get a new number.. most times, its for a witness protection agency
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We changed our name. It was very easy. We went to www.legalzoom.com and it walked us through the paperwork, told us where to go, and we went to court. We paid our fees and 'voila!' new last name. Then, the harder part, was changing our name on EVERYTHING! We changed it 3 years ago and are still getting stuff in our old name. Once you get a new SS#, the rest, like insurance and driver's license are easy. It's just hard to make sure you don't leave something out.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• This is interesting. My daughter wants to change her last name to my husband's last name. He has been her only father in her whole life. When we petitioned her bio-you-know-who for him to relinquish his parental rights on her so my husband could adopt her he refused. Said he wanted a relationship with her. He never tried to use his visitation rights, send her a birthday card, or call her, though - never in her 20 years of life. So she wants her name changed before her baby is born so her baby won't have her current last name.
    Thanks for the heads-up on the link Pnukey - I will direct her to that so she can check it out.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2009