Meds

Any one else preg and taken anxiety meds and there babys fine?
My dr. prescribed me ativan. I only take it when I really need it but it still stresses me a so has anyone else been prescribed meds and there baby okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i take zoloft and my doc said to not stop taking it because its a safer meds. if i stopped taking it it could do more harm then good. so relax and only take it when you really need it.
    Anonymous

• i have been taking ativan for a year before i got pregnant and my dr. told me DO NOT TAKE IT becuase it can cause birth defects. also, my mother did research on it and she also read that it can cause really bad birth defects.. i have to just avoid situations that will trigger attacks for me..its scary that i cant take it but i would rather have my baby have no birth defects. did your dr prescribe them before or after you were pregnant??if before, Definately talk to your dr. now. they say no anti depressant or anti anxiety is safe during pregnancy.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yeah he prescribed it since ive been pregnant.
    Anonymous

• hmm. well i guess if your dr prescribed it since youve been preggo then i guess take it. but ive heard more negative things than positive on the subject.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• if it really concerns you, why dont you get a 2nd opinion from another dr?
    tnteaton

• There are Dr's out there who go ahead and prescribe this medication but it should not be taken while pregnant or breast feeding, it can cause birth defects, however, if the anxiety is so bad that it caused an increase in your blood pressure then benefits may out weigh the risk. If you can get by without then do, but if you just absolutely HAVE to take it then do.
    musicplayersmom

Answer by musicplayersmom at 11:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2009