Implantation & Ovulation

Can somemone tell me more about implantation bleeding. I had sex twice during ovulation, didn't feel like doing it more, and a few days later I felt a lot of pain as if I was getting my period. My period is due on the 20th.

Yve538

Asked by Yve538 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• "typically" around 7-10 days after ovulation you might have some spotting as the egg implants in the uterine wall. Lots of people dont notice anything though. I had no spotting, and no pain that I recall.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• you may experiance implantation bleeding.. but if you don't it doesn't mean you are not pregnant.. i had it with my first 2 but not this pregnancy.. You can always get and early response pregnancy test and test with first mornings urine on the 16th 4 days before ur missed period.. but if it is a neg.. wait until you miss ur period and test again... GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Not everyone ovulates on day 14. When you ovulate depends on the length of your cycles.

Implantation. You may notice a small amount of vaginal bleeding very early in pregnancy, about 10 to 14 days after fertilization. This "implantation bleeding" happens when the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of your uterus. It's usually earlier, spottier and lighter in color than a normal menstrual period, and it doesn't last long. Some women mistake this light bleeding for a period and don't realize they're pregnant. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bleeding-during-pregnancy/PR00087
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I had my period on Dec. 20th and ovulated from the 29th thru Jan. 7th. Its too early for anything, I 'll just wait until I miss my period.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009