• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know how I can get a paper copy of text messages?

I need to get some text messages on paper, to help with custody issues. I would need them to not only say the message, but that they were from a certain phone number. Also, I would have to have it signed by some sort of official person, saying that it really said that on my phone. I dont want to lose my phone and not have any evidence that my baby daddy is an ass!

MBsMom2004

Asked by MBsMom2004 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I took my phone & got it back. The judge just looked at the messages & there was his proof. The judges documentation to the court was all that was needed.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I know most of the time you have to have it come straight from the phone company. If you have a lawyer they can get the subpoena from the courts to get them. This was protocol when I was a criminal justice major and when I worked for Cingualar.
    Anonymous

• Your phone is your best evidence keep the messages on there and just take the phone with you and let them, ,judge, atourney or whoever needs the evidence read it. It will have the number it came from ,who sent it and usually what time and date.

Anonymous

• I'm glad it worked out for you. I figured the phone would be enough. I posted my asnwer just a a few minutes after you had posted the other post. For some reason hadn't shown up until after mine posted.
    debj49

Answer by debj49 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I also did this for a custody case. Not all judges will sit there and look through your phone..especially if there are other cases after yours. I called a transcription place and told them I needed text messages transcribed. She told me to type them up and bring them in, she will scroll through them and make any corrections, put them on legal paper, and notarize it. I was able to turn in a bench copy to the judge before the hearing.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009