How do I predict my ovulation?

I am so confused...how do I track my ovulation cycles?? Do I HAVE to buy a kit? How much do they cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you can do it with an ovulation calculator (google it) going by your periods or but ovulation test..(Cheap On ebay) and when your discharge is clear and stretchy between intex and thumb that is the time to get it on lol
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• get on www.half.com and buy the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. you can also get some info on her website www.tcoyf.com
    i started charting when my first DD was 18 mos. old (she's 8 now!). i hated BC pills because they made me nauseous all the time (morning sickness!). i charted for a year and was BC pill free and conceived the first month we wanted to try with DD#2. Charted 3.5 yrs longer to space out the kiddos and conceived again first try with DD#3! The only thing that didn't work for us was she suggested to try for a boy on the day of ovulation and we still had a third girl! But we were not disappointed at all!
    The book makes it so easy to understand!! there is also an online charting website i like called http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/home.jsp
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• u don't have to buy those tests at first. Day 1 is the 1st day of your period. Keep track of what cycle day you are on, and start having sex every other day from day 12 through day 20. You will ovulate somewhere in there and you will have covered your bases. Around day 28 or so, you'll have your period again if u don't concieve-and then you will start all over. Does this simplify it? You will get the hang of!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I count day 14-20 starting from the day I started my period. I have a normal 28 day cycle though. I think this will only work for you if you are pretty regular and/ or haven't had any trouble getting pregnant before.
    Mimi2mommy

Answer by Mimi2mommy at 12:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have a 28 day cycle and I am clock work. 2 for 2 with pregnancies, as far as tracking ovulation. It's 14 days from the day you start and usually there is about a 3-4 day window where you can conceive. But like most have said I think you have to be pretty regular.
    sheilatanman

Answer by sheilatanman at 1:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2009